These instructions are for Windows 8 and 10.
If you are unsure what version of Windows you have, open Control Panel and click System. Look at the Windows Edition near the top of the page.
These steps are required the first time you connect to the DLSWireless-Secure wireless network and may require an administrative account on your computer. After this connection has been configured you should reconnect automatically.
Manually create a network profile or connect to a hidden network.
- Make sure wifi is on, click on the wifi icon on the bottom right
- Click on the Network and Internet settings option
- Scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network from the list and click Next. Follow the steps below to setup the profile
- Enter network name exactly as below, security type WPA2-Enterprise , click next
- Click on Change connection settings
- Choose the Security Tab, then click on the settings option
- Make sure to uncheck that first box, then click on configure
- Uncheck that first box and click ok
- Now click on Advanced Settings
- Check mark that first box, then in the drop down chose User Authentication and click on save credentials. Here you will input your DLS login (this is not the netid this is different) if you do not have one you will not be able to use DLSwireless-Secure. If you need one please contact the helpdesk.
- Enter DLS Login and hit ok, then click ok to exit out of all windows
- Go back to your wifi signals and choose DLSWireless-Secure and connect and you should be able to now connect and the connection should connect automatically once you are on. If you change your password for DLS at some point you will need to recreate this connection again.