IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: PTL Advancement Program Contracts
This is regarding the PTL Advancement contracts for the Spring 2020 semester. With the onset of the new union contract, the PTL Advancement Program required new Job Class Codes in order to process appointment letters. We received them from Academic Labor Relations and implemented them in our PTL Appointment Portal. Please be advised on some updates regarding the portal:
- Choose the appropriate Job Class Code from the drop-down screen: PTL 2 (99903) or PTL 3 (99904)
- The signed Appendix D-2 Form (for Spring semester only) with the Division Dean signature is required to be uploaded as an attachment
- PTL 2 - one-time permanent salary increase in the amount of nine percent (9.0%)
- PTL 3 - and another one-time permanent salary increase in the amount of nine percent (9.0%)
- PTL 2 -a one-time permanent salary increase in the amount of four percent (4.0%)
- PTL 3 - a one time permanent salary increase of 13%
- The minimum base salary per credit is $1831. For PALS (Intensive & Evening programs), it is $55 per hour. For PALS Corporate program, it is $62 per hour.
- Continuing our practice, class enrollment must be at least 15 and Graduate Course enrollment must be at least 5 before appointments will be approved. Exceptions will be made only with Division Dean approval.
- Appointment letters will now be signed by the faculty member via DocuSign.
Part-Time Lecturer and Co-adjutant Definitions
Part-Time Lecturer (also referred to as a “PTL”) is an employee hired to teach either: a full course (including a laboratory course) for one full semester or to teach a recitation section for a full semester, or at least two consecutive seven-week courses in a semester, or at least a 12-week course in a semester in the PALS Program, and who performs services associated only with that course and is not otherwise Rutgers employee, such as preparation of syllabus, grading examinations and papers, and meeting students during assigned office hours.
Co-adjutants (also referred to as "Co-ads") are individuals who either teach during the academic year and are otherwise regularly appointed employees with a 50% or more Class 1 appointment, or individuals who teach less than a full semester during an academic year. Co-adjutant Non-Teaching Appointments are employees who do research and other non-teaching academic support duties when the individual is hired for less than a semester or for a full Fall or Spring semester.
ROCS Posting Process
A ROCS posting will need to be created for the candidate to apply. Please see below for useful resources regarding the ROCS faculty posting. Once the Finalist is identified, this will also initiate the background check process.
- Faculty Posting Steps
- Faculty Application Workflow Guide
- Bulk Dispositions Workflow
- Applicant Reviewer Role
- Initiator/Authorizer 1 Role
- Search Commitee
SAS Appointment Process
An appointment letter will be generated via the PTL/Coad Appointment Portal.Once the request flows throughout each approval process, a letter will be generated via the DocuSign system. The employee will need to sign the offer letter via DocuSign. The signed forms will be available for both the department and SAS HR via the PTL/Coad Appointment Portal. Please have the employee complete the Oath or Affirmation (required for first time appointments) and Determination of Titles Worksheet and retain the originals in the department. You will be responsible for producing these forms when they are requested.
After completion of a successful background check and signed offer letter, the candidate should contact the SAS On-boarding Team to complete the necessary new hire paperwork.
If this is considered a reappointment, the department can enter the Request for Reappointment in HCM by attaching the appropriate documents.
Under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, notice must be given two (2) weeks prior to the start of the semester as opposed to one (1) week in the previous contract.
SAS Contact Information
PTL/CoAd Appointment Portal Process
Determination of Titles Worksheet
Job Class Codes
Oath or Affirmation- required for first time appointments
Multiple Assignment Matrix
PTL Tuition Remission Application
Part Time Lecturer Collective Bargaining Agreement 2018-2022