What is a Short-Term Visitor Appointment?
A visiting appointment must have the below components:
- some form of Rutgers compensation processed via the University's payroll system (at any faculty rank)
- be for a specified period (not to exceed one year at a time)
- Upon recommendation of the Department and Dean
Short-Term Visiting Letter Request
The Short Term Visiting request should have the following information:
• Name of appointee
• Title (All titles must begin with 'Visiting' i.e., Visiting Scholar, etc.)
• Appointment dates
o Appointments may be made for a maximum of one year, and may be reappointed, or extended in subsequent years. A visiting appointment shall not exceed two successive years unless approved by the Area Dean.
• Area of Research/Duties
• CV must be attached to the request