Executive Dean March recognizes staff who have distinguished themselves in service excellence, dedication to the School of Arts and Sciences, and our students and constituents.
The nomination period for the 2019 SAS Staff Excellence Recognition program has ended. Please check back at the end of the year when the nomination period will begin for the 2020 recognition program.
- Demonstrates ongoing excellence in service to faculty, staff, students, community, and/or other customers
- Exhibits initiative and creativity in developing solutions to problems that result in improved service and/or efficiency and effectiveness of an operation, unit, and/or school
- Promotes productive relationships; strives to motivate and support others; contributes to a positive, collaborative work environment; and promotes positive morale
- Demonstrates a commitment to and support of the School’s values, including: discovery and innovation; promoting diversity and inclusion; strengthening community; engaging the public; and, leadership at Rutgers, in the community and world.
- Nominees must be full-time staff employees (non-academic employees) from any unit within the School of Arts and Sciences
- Staff must have been working in the School of Arts and Sciences for at least one year (staff must have a October 1, 2018 or before start date in an SAS position to be eligible)
- Previous recipients of the Staff Recognition Award are not eligible for nomination for five years
- Individual staff members or teams of staff will be considered. Teams of staff members should work collaboratively to achieve goals across the school and can include departments, committees, work groups, etc.
- Anyone affiliated with the School of Arts and Sciences (staff, faculty, students) is welcome to submit nominations
- There is no limit to the number of nominations a person may submit
- Nominations must be submitted online no later than November 4, 2019 at 5:00pm
- A committee comprised of the prior year’s Staff Excellence Recognition winners will review the nominations and advise Executive Dean March of their recommendations.
- The award winner(s) will be announced in February. Award recipients, their supervisor, and the nominator will be invited to attend a celebratory reception with Executive Dean March on February 07, 2020.
- The awardees will also be featured on the SAS website.
2019 Award Winners
- Courtney Borack - Administrative Assistant, English Graduate Office
- Carolyn Burger - Manager Supervisor, The Language Center
- Elizabeth deWolfe - Program Coordinator, German, Russian, and East European Languages and Literatures (GRELL)
- Marie Ferguson - Program Coordinator, Sociology
- Donna Ghilino - Senior Department Administrator Supervisor, Economics
- Dale Koznecki - Assistant Dean, Human Resources - Academics
- Robert Porcja - Laboratory Support Specialist, Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- William Schneider - Supervising Instrument Maker - Repair, Physics and Astronomy
- Matt Wosniak - Assistant Director, Information Technology
- Pete Zitelli - Unit Computing Manager, Information Technology
- Department of Psychology Undergraduate Office - Bonita Holt-Griffith and Cremilde Roman
- Human Resources On-boarding Team - Heather Eng, Victoria Long, Nadia Meyer, Stephanie Phang, Mary-Elizabeth Thompson
Past Award Winners
- Jim Bennett - Program Coordinator II, W.M Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience
- Mercedes Diaz - Senior Program Administrative Assistant, Philosophy
- Jennifer Flaherty - Senior Department Administrator Supervisor, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, Linguistics, Italian, and The Language Center
- Elizabeth Folk - Senior Department Administrator Supervisor, Department of French, Classics, GRELL, AMESALL, Comparative Literature Program, and Cinema Studies
- Lisa Iorillo - Senior Department Administrator Supervisor, Sociology
- Sarah Laboy-Almodovar - Department Administrator Supervisor, Criminal Justice Program
- David Maiullo - Laboratory Support Specialist, Physics & Astronomy
- Christina Overmyer - Supervisor Laboratory Instructional Support, DLS Office of Undergraduate Instruction
- Sara Pixley - Director Supervisor, Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science
- Anuja Rivera - Administrative Assistance, History
- Cheryl Robinson - Senior Administrative Assistant, English
- Alyssa Siegel - Senior Program Coordinator, Mathematics
- Master's in Mathematical Finance Program Coordinators - Sunita Jagtiani-Sanghvi and Ana Mastrogiovanni
- Office of Advising and Academic Services Leadership Team - Erica Anderson, Milagros Arroyo, Vanessa Coleman, Robin Diamond, Lenore Neighborn, Garth Patterson, Courtney Stanzione, Iris Zipkin