2022 Training Schedule
SAS-HR is happy to share the 2022 training schedule. Dates and times for the sessions will be announced in the beginning of each month with the RSVP link via email and posted on our website calendar.
All training sessions will be held via Zoom. When you register for the training session, you will receive an Outlook calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the scheduled session. Please note that as an additional security measure, the session will be locked ten minutes after the session has begun and you will not be able to join the session once it is locked.
Active Shooter Training
In collaboration with University Public Safety, we hold Active Shooter training sessions in light of threats and acts of violence at colleges and universities. These training sessions are generally held twice per year; one in the Fall semester and one in the Spring semester.
We encourage all new SAS employees to attend the training session as well as SAS employees who may have been unable to attend one of the sessions held previously. Please note: Completion of this training is mandatory for all employees in the SAS Dean's Office. For any questions, please contact Vivian Santamaria-Vega.
SAS Orientations for New Hires
SAS-HR holds Orientation sessions for all new employees. This meeting usually includes the new employee, their supervisor and a representative for SAS-HR. In this session, the following will be reviewed with the new employee:
- SAS, Departmental and Supervisor Expectations
- University and Departmental Policies and Procedures
- Probationary Period
- New Employee Resources
Please note: New employees will ALSO attend a New Employee Benefit Orientation session with University Human Resources (UHR). SAS holds their own, separate Orientation session.
For Non-Aligned Staff:
The University launched the performance management system and process for non-aligned employees. The new performance management process focuses on the professional development of employees and encourages frequent and honest development conversations throughout the year. The performance management system is also a mechanism to align manager, department, school, and University-wide goals. It is a tool that enables employees to see how their goals tie into the goals of the School and the University's strategic vision.
For New Employees:
- Non-Aligned Performance Management FY2023 Goal Setting
- Non-Aligned Employees Mid-Year Review - due by January 31, 2023
- Non-Aligned Employees End of Year Review - due by June 30, 2023
- Performance Management Tool
- Performance Management: Goal Setting Process
- Smart Goals Worksheet
- Manager's Functions to the Goal Setting Process
- Performance Review Checklist
- Performance Management Presentation - Template
For URA-AFT Employees:
- Staff Compensation Program (SCP) Overview
- SCP Information for Dean's and Managers
- SCP Review Process for Staff on Leave
- SAS Performance Management PowerPoint
University Training and Development
Ethics Outside Activity Questionnaire
Harassment Prevention Education:
- Title IX for Higher Education
- Workplace Harassment Prevention for Employees
- Workplace Harassment Prevention for Managers
University Course Registration System
Career Management Tools
Professional Development Opportunities
For more information, you may contact the Learning and Development unit in University Human Resources here.