Active Shooter Training
In collaboration with University Public Safety, we hold Active Shooter training sessions in light of threats and acts of violence at colleges and universities. These training sessions are generally held twice per year; one in the Fall semester and one in the Spring semester.
SAS Orientations for New Hires
SAS-HR holds Orientation sessions for all new employees. This meeting usually includes the new employee, their supervisor and a representative for SAS-HR. In this session, the following will be reviewed with the new employee:
- SAS, Departmental and Supervisor Expectations
- University and Departmental Policies and Procedures
- Probationary Period
- New Employee Resources
Please note: New employees will ALSO attend a New Employee Benefit Orientation session with University Human Resources (UHR). SAS holds their own, separate Orientation session.
For Non-Aligned Staff:
The University launched the performance management system and process for non-aligned employees. The new performance management process focuses on the professional development of employees and encourages frequent and honest development conversations throughout the year. The performance management system is also a mechanism to align manager, department, school, and University-wide goals. It is a tool that enables employees to see how their goals tie into the goals of the School and the University's strategic vision.
For New Employees:
- Non-Aligned Employees Mid-Year Review- due by January 30, 2020
- Performance Management Tool
- Performance Management: Goal Setting Process
- Smart Goals Worksheet
- Manager's Functions to the Goal Setting Process
- Performance Review Checklist
- Performance Management Presentation - Template
For URA-AFT Employees:
- Staff Compensation Program (SCP)
- SCP Information for Dean's and Managers
- SCP Review Process for Staff on Leave
University Training and Development
- Title IX for Higher Education
- Workplace Harassment Prevention for Employees
- Workplace Harassment Prevention for Managers
For more information, you may contact the Learning and Development unit in University Human Resources here.